Sellers Check List
- What is your time frame for getting your home on market?
- Is your home spotless, all repairs finished, all home projects complete, yards in tip top shape?
- Request your Realtor to bring comps for your area and discuss a price that will fit the market, suit your needs, and get the sale closed.
- Where are you moving to? Plan the timing for closing on both what you are selling and what you are buying.
- Pricing – Price your home right! Shave off 10% to 15% on the price so you get your home sold – don’t help the competition by pricing too high – it does not bring you offers, it drives the buyers to your competitor
- Clean the closets, the cupboards and get rid of clutter, no offensive smells either!
- Let the light stream into your home – open the blinds wash the windows, keep it bright!
- Make sure the critters are contained when the buyers come to look, a home where Fido rules with muddy paws, bad odor, or uses your home for its sanitary needs, is no selling feature……..
- Fresh paint in neutral colors is always a plus……major over hauls may not add as much value as you were hoping for – however kitchen improvements are always a plus – just don’t over-do it.
- Be ready to show your home at any time – buyers like to see properties when they want to see them – not next week when you are ready for them to come to your home.
- Along with “location, location, location” is “CURB SIDE APPEAL” – make the buyer expect the best when they drive up to your home – let it be inviting and create interest and great expectations for the rest of the home.
- Offers – be realistic, flexible and make it a win-win for everyone involved and move on to close!